Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Big events around our house

Ok, so maybe not big events to you, my reader(s), but they are big news to us.

First, Allison lost her first baby tooth last night! It has been loose for a few weeks now and she was constantly playing with it. It was even twisted a little, which made it a bit uncomfortable for her to eat certain things. The other day she made it bleed, so I had a feeling it was on it's last leg so to speak. Well, last night, I let her have an ice-cream drumstick for a snack and as she was biting into it, she yelled and said "Um, is this a nut or is this my tooth?" and handed me an itsy-bitsy baby tooth. I said, "I think it's your tooth, open your mouth!"

Sure enough, it was her tooth. I didn't realize how tiny her teeth were, I'm used to seeing them all together, not just one. Well, we put it in a Ziploc baggy and she insisted on taking it to school today. I don't know why, she's probably one of the last kids in her class to have lost a first tooth, but she wanted to take it to show everyone, she was so excited! Tonight, she is planning on putting it under her pillow for the tooth fairy...now, what does a first tooth go for these days?

Here's a picture, from my cell phone, so it's not the greatest, but it was the closest thing to me, and Mason was sleeping on my chest.

(bottom tooth, center)

In other news, Mason is such a big boy these days. You can barely see it in this picture (my new cell phone does not have a flash, what's up with that?), but, he can now drink out of a straw.

Things are much easier these days, when we are out and about and decide to stop and get something to eat, we know that even though we didn't pack anything but a bottle for Mason, he will be able to eat. He loves mashed potatoes, grilled cheese, scrambled eggs and peanut butter sandwiches. He'll also eat spaghetti, mac & cheese and any type of noodle. Now that he can drink out of a straw, I can order him white milk and he's so happy. I've introduced him to milk already because he is constantly stealing the older kids' sippy cups and drinking whatever it is in their cups, and since he seemed to like milk, I give it to him every once in awhile so that I can get him used to it, since he will be off formula in about a month.

(By the way, yes, Allison and Preston still drink out of sippy cups when they insist on taking their drinks out of the dining room, since I don't want them to spill anything on my carpet. For the most part, they drink out of big-kid cups at meals).

So, yes, Mason is a big boy, we can order him things off of menus and give him white milk with a straw. Traveling is easier nowadays.

And, for Preston, he's turning 6 in 6 days...I can't believe it! I remember him like Mason's age. I remember his first hair cut, his first birthday party, his first day of pre-school.

Now, he's going to be 6! We're having a bowling party on Saturday and his theme this year is Bakugan. For those of you out there with boys, you either know what I'm talking about or will know soon. So, I'm guessing this year, he will get a ton of Bakugan toys as he did last year with Transformers. OY, I need a bigger basement!

More updates to come later!

Until next time,

1 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

Those darn teeth are SUPAH TINY!

Great update!