Thursday, August 6, 2009

The guilt I feel

So, Mason is almost 6 months old already...I was hoping to nurse him exclusively for 6 months (besides the ocassional jar of babyfood or bowl of baby cereal).

On August 19th, I will have officially hit my goal of nursing for 6 months. The thing is, every time I think about weaning him or introducing formula, I feel so guilty and panicked. I know that what I have done for him is amazing and I have given him a great start, not only that, but I have helped myself lose all my baby weight and done some healthy things for my body as well.

But...I am tired of pumping...I work full-time, as you all know. So, I'm pumping twice a day at work, and Mason is eating 3 bottles a day at the sitters. My supply is dwindling, too; I'm only pumping enough for one bottle at a time, so I can never keep up, I've been killing myself to try to keep up, but even through this, I feel guilty and lazy if I were to quit or supplement, even a little.

So, moms out there, I need your advice, your motivation, your thoughts...This mom thing is just full of guilt sometimes.

Thanks!

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey Girl! I dont have any great advice because I was only about to breastfeed for about 8wks. But I do think that since your body may be making less milk it might be telling you that its time to stop. I know how you feel about this but I think you have done exceptionally well for the last 6 months.

Just my thoughts:)