Thursday, March 26, 2009

5 weeks


I can't believe that my baby is 5 weeks old already...boy time flies when you're not sleeping!


Mason and Preston both had check-ups today.


Preston finally had his 5 year check-up...I knew that we were switching to my insurance effective March 1st, so I waited to schedule his well-check until after the switch. My insurance covers up to $750 in wellness per person per year, which means that his appointment today will be covered at 100%, yay! Unfortunately, he had to have his finger poked and get 5 shots! Wow...what an appointment...he screamed bloody murder while they poked his finger and took that drop of blood. David and the nurse had to hold him down during the shots and he screamed until after the first one...since he couldn't really feel them, he was fine. He was laughing afterwards, but both him and the nurse were sweating...from all the fighting...the anxiety almost killed him. Other than that, we talked to the doctor about his behavior at school...and the concerns that the teacher has. The doctor suggested we have him evaluated by a psychologist. So, tomorrow, I have to call the insurance to see what is covered then make an appointment for an evaluation. We'll see.


Mason's appointment was much less stressful. He slept through most of it. He now weighs 11 pounds 4 1/2 ounces, which means that he gained over 2 pounds in the past 3 weeks. He is also now 22 1/2 inches long, which means that he grew 2 inches in 3 weeks. We couldn't believe it! We measured him 3 times to make sure. Wow...he's definitely getting enough to eat! HA!


Mason is starting to give me genuine (toothless) smiles, which I just love. He's also starting to find his voice. Mostly, he laughs and talks to the ceiling fan in the family room..it's so funny to watch; anytime he notices the fan, even when it's off, he smiles and talks. I have discovered if I talk in a very high-pitched voice and make a fool of myself for long enough, I can get him to grin at me...I'm still trying to catch them on film; I did manage to get one, see below.

So, that about sums up my day. I'll keep you posted on Preston. Oh, and Preston got 6 stars again at school today and also pooped on the potty, all by himself (with no one telling him to go) after dinner. YAY PRESTON!


Here are some photos of my 5 week old already!


Enjoy!
Michele

Mason, smiling at the ceiling fan

Talking to the fan



Got it...the first toothless smile on film!
I caught him looking at the camera!

2 comments:

http://stacey-dellfamily.blogspot.com/ said...

I LOVE the toothless grin - he's so adorable!

Alicia said...

He is adorable!