Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dirty Laundry

Well, I've been letting all my laundry pile up this week, refusing to wash a load. Why would I do this? You might ask...well, the answer is simple. I was waiting for my new washer and dryer to be delivered...and they finally came Friday morning!






We ended up purchasing the Whirlpool Duet front load washer & dryer. This was the one good thing about the basement flooding...thank goodness I added the Water & Sewer Back up coverage.

So, Saturday, I washed every last piece of clothing and towels that needed to be washed; 6 loads in all...and by golly, what a difference. Technology is so amazing. First of all, the washer & dryer have sensors in them, so I don't need to select a load size; it does it for me. I just load the clothes, select what type of wash and temperature of water and it does the rest. They even have timers on them to tell me how much time is left until the load is finished. My first load was 13 pairs of jeans. No problem fitting them into the washer and with one drying cycle they were all dry; not even a little damp. My old washer & dryer was nice, not really that old, and they were Whirlpools as well. However, I usually had to select the highest drying time and always had to run another drying cycle, especially for jeans, so it took me twice as long to do the laundry.

Today, I find myself washing everything else that I can, just to do it. My sheets & comforter are in the dryer and all the bathroom rugs and the dining room table cloth are in the washer as we speak. I plan on washing everyone's comforters and sheets today...and, to top it all off, I'm saving money. The washer uses half the water and is designed to spin the clothes so fast that they dry in half the time, using half the energy to do so.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my weekend...it's the little things in life that excite me.
We are still working on replacing other things from the basement, and getting it organized and set up once again. Until yesterday, everything was still piled into the middle; my kids have been dying to go down there, so last night, David and I went down there and put a big dent in things, so at least the kids can play down there again.
Let's see...what else. The kids do not have school tomorrow; teacher in-service day. However, we have an appointment to have Preston evaluated by a psychologist at 10:30 am at Harbor Behavioral Care. I'm not looking forward to this...I don't want them to tell me anything bad about my son; especially when he doesn't act like that when he's with us. I will post more about it after the appointment.
Michele

2 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

Yea for new Whilrpool appliances!

And I'm been thinking about you and Preston. For what it's worth, Harbor is a great facility. I think you guys will be happy with your care, no matter the outcome.

Alicia said...

That makes me want to go do my laundry...but I think I would rather bring it to you since you are enjoying doing it!!!

Good luck tomorrow. I am sure everything will go smoothly!