Monday, February 16, 2009

39 weeks 4 days....

Well, no baby yet. I tried to walk a lot this weekend, I sat on the physio ball quite a bit and even did the other "home remedy" my midwife suggested, if you catch my drift. I don't even feel like the baby has dropped any. I think I have finally come to terms that I will have to be induced again. So, at my appointment on Wednesday, I will ask Donna to induce me on Friday night. Hopefully he will be born by early morning or afternoon on Saturday. Funny thing is, I'm feeling great. I am not miserable and uncomfortable like I was last week. I think it's because I'm not working anymore....not sitting in that chair in front of a computer all day; I've been resting, sitting on the couch and doing things around the house. Don't get me wrong, standing and doing dishes for 10 minutes kills my back, but then I'm able to sit with my feet up. So, I'm thankful that I'm off work already.


My kids are home today; President's Day. So, I'm glad to be able to spend the day with them, probably our last time before we have another baby.

Here's my 39 week picture; I don't know why Allison can't sit still and take a decent picture...she's too antsy.


So, as I posted last week, our basement flooded...what a mess. The insurance company did come out to look at everything, but we don't have any major damage. Our main concern was if any of the appliances or furnace/hot water tank went out in a week or a month due to water damage, we wanted to have it on record that we called them. So, we have up to a year to turn in any damage from the water back-up. It did give us a chance to go through the basement and clean it out and organize it. We have a ton of garbage, but mostly junk; boxes that didn't make it and some toys that were junk; nothing worth anything. We also went through boxes we had never unpacked from 3 years ago when we moved in and organized the "wrapping" area. My loving husband did not even complain when he realized I had about 200 gift bags that I insisted we keep for reuse...I love him. We purchased a few more plastic bins for anything that wasn't previously in a bin. My husband spent all weekend down there cleaning the floors with bleach water; I couldn't help with that part, obviously. But, look at what my wonderful husband did....he made the basement go from this:


To this:




Of course, we have to hope that the kids keep it this clean and organized. We were looking at carpet 2 weeks ago for the basement. Thank goodness we didn't buy it yet; and we're getting furniture from a co-worker of mine who is giving some furniture away. Now at least the basement is ready for it.
Well, I think that's about it. I'm just eagerly awaiting the birth of my son....while I try to keep busy around the house. I put the pack-n-play together yesterday and packed our hospital bags. I have a small load of baby items to wash, but nothing major that I need right away, just a few gifts we received and baby towels that I purchased. I'll keep up with the updates; if there are any.

Michele

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Well it definately looks much better. I will be praying you go in to labor soon! I know you are miserable...but I am glad you are feeling better especially since you are off work. Enjoy it!

The Writer Chic said...

Whoo-hoo! It sounds like a plan's in place. I'll be thinking of you this week!