Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First Blog

Updated; I wanted to add some pictures of my kids; and one of me since that's who this blog will be about....


This is me, pregnant, at 37 weeks, almost a full week ago!


This is me and "Princess Allison" as I call her.
Here is David and Preston (at Preston's 5th birthday party last month). Two of my favorite guys in my life...#3 on his way, soon!


This is our baby boy, not yet born; due anytime now. This picture was at 29 weeks and 2 days (Almost 8 weeks ago). He looks just like his older brother. We haven't revealed his name to too many people just yet....stay tuned.




Ok, so here I am; writing my first blog. I've been reading numerous blogs on blogger.com for many months and kept thinking that "I'd like to be able to blog about my life, too". Of course, my life isn't as exciting or interesting as some of the ones that I read regularly, but it seems to be good therapy to put my thoughts and feelings down in writing...just like keeping a journal.

I started reading a co-workers blog many months ago and then started following some of her friends' blogs. This led me to many women, faithful women, who's blogs I read on a daily basis. Most of which are going through pregnancy loss or are pregnant. I felt very connected to these women and admire their faithfulness through the tough times in their lives.

I lost a baby in March of 2008 due to Amniotic Band Syndrome. If you look it up online; be warned; it's horrible and the pictures are devestating. I will write more about that later; but for now want to get this first blog down.

I am now, currently, 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant; due with a baby boy on February 19th. This will be my 3rd child. I have a daughter, Allison, who is 6 1/2 years old, and going on 13. She gets sassier every day. She is definitely the oldest child and thinks she's the adult; bossing her little brother around every chance she gets. She's in first grade and loves school. She takes beginners tap-dancing, which she just started 3 weeks ago (after 2 years of begging her) and loves it. She makes a new friend at each class. My son, Preston, just turned 5 in January. He is in pre-school and will start kindergarten in the fall. He's a great kid and even better when his sister isn't bossing him around. He does have his dad's temper, but doesn't show it too often. He is in his second year of an "instructional play" hockey program. His next step will be to be on an actual team and play hockey; we can't wait. My husband, David, is a huge hockey fan (Go Detroit Red Wings!) and since I've been with him, I've also turned into a hockey fan. I love to watch the games on t.v. and even better, going to the games when we get a chance (or free tickets). So, it was natural for our son to play hockey, which he wanted to do.

I plan on posting pictures of our family and have tons of thoughts and things I want to share, but for now, I'm still trying to figure out this blogger thing and hope you will stick with me while I learn and post.

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to making new blogging friends.

Michele

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea Michele!! I'm book marking it now, so I can check often!!
:)

Alicia said...

Hey Michele, I hopped over from MckMama's blog.

I am new to blogging as well. I started in Jan. I have somethings in common with you as well! I have a five year old daughter (going on 13 too!) and I work full time. Its good to see you on here!