Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Is it Tuesday Wednesday already?

Oh my...how time flies! I started this post on Tuesday....

It's been awhile; we're all ok, no need to worry! ha!

It's been a busy, crazy couple of days..at least I have something interesting to blog about...ha-ha.
As I may have mentioned before, David's younger brother, Jeff, and his wife, Jill were expecting their first child this month (Jeff has a 12 year old daughter from his first marriage). Jill was originally due on June 24th and for whatever reason, was induced on June 4th. I believe they couldn't get her blood pressure under control; some readings were high and some were low, but she did not have pre-eclempsia.

Anyhow, Jill they chose not to find out the sex of the baby (even though I think she knew the whole time). So, long story short, I have a new....nephew! Cameron Allen was born June 4th weighing 5 pounds and 4 ounces and 18 inches long. He's a tiny little thing. And, his skull plates are not fully in place, but should finish developing in the next couple of weeks. I have to admit; I was a bit worried when I saw his head; of course, my kids have always had a full head of dark hair, so I've never seen anything like this before.



He looks like Jill with David's family nose. We saw him twice this past weekend. Also, let me say this; thank goodness I have plump babies; I'd rather have them looking healthy than too little to cuddle!

We had a graduation party for our nephew on Saturday, that turned into an all day stay at my brother-in-law's house. We ended up eating at 2:30 and again at 7:00 for dinner. Needless to say, I didn't have to cook. Yay!

The weather has been beautiful here lately; last night I took the kids for a walk, well Preston rode his bike, but Allison and I walked and Mason loved the fresh air. Have I mentioned that I love my stroller?

Tomorrow night is Allison's rehearsal for her recital; I'm so excited. Although, tonight, I had to go buy a bunch of make-up. Pink & blue eyeshadow, mascara and red lipstick. I don't have these things because I don't wear them. Are you kidding me? I have to buy mascara for my six year old? Oh well, it's only two days, because Friday is the actual recital. I'm even more excited for that!

Some of you may have noticed that my profile now says I am a 32 year old mother of 3...because today is my birthday. I'm not very excited about it, but I guess as long as I'm having birthdays, I'm not dead so that's a good thing. Ha! I've had a hard time with my birthdays ever since I turned 30...I'm starting to see my mom when I look in the mirror...not what I want to see. Anyhow, anyone who knows me knows that I used to love to play the Sims game on my computer. When I lost my Gateway, I lost my saved game. I did install all 13 expansion packs into my new computer, but just haven't had time to play them (I've been a little busy, if you haven't noticed). Well, my husband bought me the brand new Sims 3 for my birthday. I can't believe he even knew it was out; I didn't know it until yesterday. I guess that's him telling me it's ok to play on the computer in my spare time...hahahahaha! I can't wait to put the kids to bed and try it out!



Oh, AND, my husband obviously listens to me sometimes. He bought me this cd:

I love David Cook and wanted him to win American Idol last season; which he obviously did. He's also a little cutie!



Oh, have I mentioned that Mason is now sleeping 5-6 hours straight at night? Of course, he goes to bed at 9pm and I don't go to bed until like 11, so I'm not getting anymore sleep than normal. I need to start going to bed when he does. Oh, and he's sleeping with me again; usually in my arms or on my chest. We got back into that bad habit last week sometime. He's flipping over in his bassinet and sometimes his arm gets stuck and he gets mad. Or, he runs in the side and gets mad. When he flips over, I can never get him back to sleep unless I hold him or rock him. If I'm sleeping when it happens, I'm usually so tired that it's all I can do to put him on my chest and pat his back until he goes back to sleep. Help?! I need some experienced mothers out there to help me break this bad habit. Before you know it, I'll have a 5 year old in my bed...I don't want Mason to get used to it; although I think it's already too late. I always swore I would never let my kids sleep with us; and until Mason, I didn't. I don't know why; lately I've just felt really close and bonded to him...maybe because now I realize how fast kids grow up and how quickly you can miss something if you blink. I think as soon as we get him in his crib, he may start sleeping by himself a little better since he'll have more room to move around, and a bumper pad to keep him safe from the hard side. That is scheduled for this weekend and even though I've been bugging David to get the crib out of the attic and move things around to get it into Preston's room, I'm very worried that I won't be able to sleep without Mason right by my side. I don't know if I'm ready to be an entire hallway away from him.

I think I've rambled enough..ok, so not that interesting, but at least you're caught up.

I'll post pictures of Allison all "dolled" up for rehearsal tomorrow as soon as I can.


Until next time.


1 comments:

http://stacey-dellfamily.blogspot.com/ said...

What's wrong w/a 5 (4) yr old in your bed? Hmmm... oh that they kick & toss & turn & make you sleep on the edge? Jeez...you're so demanding when you sleep! HA!
I love your new information - ya know...32...heheheh..