Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Update

So, I was feeling very adventurous on Saturday...when David told me he was taking Preston and they were going to get their hair cut; I suggested a fancy new style for Preston. We talked him into it very easily, and now my eldest son looks like this...


I know, right? Not like me at all! But, he looks so darn cute like this and it will be nice and cool for him for the summer; especially since Wednesday is supposed to be over 90 degrees; 103 with the heat index.


We had two graduation parties to go to this weekend; one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Needless to say we spent most of our weekend outside and it was fabulous, a bit hot, but at least we all slept well. As a matter of fact, Mason fell asleep on the way home from the party on Saturday, naked (well, only a diaper on) in the car....

I even had to use hot rollers in my daughter's hair for the party; I've created a monster. With the heat and humidity, unfortunately, it didn't hold well.


Later on, we spent the afternoon in the cool house and, again, with only a diaper on...does he love to be naked or what?!




Sunday was more of the same, hot weather, good food and friends. Of course, I ate too much..I'm not looking forward to getting weighed in at my Weight Watchers meeting on Thursday; I've probably gained back the 6.6 pounds I've lost so far...well, maybe some of that anyhow.

I haven't mentioned this yet, well, because I didn't want to, but my husband got called back to work from his former employer in the union. Why wouldn't I be happy you ask? Well, after a year on unemployment, he got called back, unfortunately, he's working 4 hours away. He left Sunday night and won't be home until Friday morning. Yes, it looks like he'll be doing this for the remainder of the job, like 4 or 5 more weeks. He's in Pittsburg, PA and I miss him so much.

Thankfully, I have neighbors on all sides of me that don't work, so I feel safe in the house, plus I have two big dogs. And, I have 20 family members within 10 minutes of my house, so if I need anything, there are plenty of people I could call. It's just hard being a single mom of three kids. We've been taking walks and playing in the sprinklers in the evening. I'm trying to keep everyone happy and entertained. I just don't know if I can do this for 4 or 5 more weeks. It's exhausting.

There is a lot more I wanted to post about, but I'm tired and I will save that for other posts; give me something to talk about.


Enjoy your summer!


3 comments:

Alicia said...

Looks like you had a busy weekend! Mason is too cute with only his diaper! Man that is the life. Love Preston's hair cut and Allison is turning into a beautiful lady! You better lock her up lol!

I am sure everything will work out at your WW meeting. Cant wait to hear about it!

My Trendy Tykes said...

I love his new look! I had wanted my son to get a mohawk for summer but he decided to just shave it all (Well, it's not shaved bald but rather buzzed.)

IT IS HOT HOT HOT here too. YUCK!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! my 5yo had had a mohawk and my 11 yo wants a blue fauxhawk ... since it's summer...lol.
btw the girl and the baby are adorable!!!