Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

Ok, there are lots of things we are all thankful for...we know that. Even in tough times and hardships, there are still shining things in our lives. This is my quick way of blogging today!

Today I am most thankful that my husband is coming home tonight...about 18 hours early, thank goodness he put in 12 hours on Wednesday, so he could cut today short and leave early.

I am thankful for my kids. I know I always say this one, and besides my usual thankfulness for them, I am extremely grateful for them this week. They have kept me busy and pre-occupied so I didn't have to sit and think about David not being home. Plus, I didn't have to spend all week by myself.

I am also again thankful for my job. But, not only because in this tough economic time where it seems that there is always someone else I know losing their job, no. This week I'm even more thankful that I have a job to go to, so I can get out of the house and away from the kids. I am thankful that I've had some adult conversation, even if I was supposed to be working to get it. Don't get me wrong; I love my kids more than anything else in this world, but I do need time away from them; it makes me more grateful to have them when I get home. Especially since I've been flying solo this week.

I am thankful that my husband got called back to work, even if it is 4 hours away for 5 weeks. I am hoping this leads to more work in our city when this PA project is over. Even though he's been working on small jobs for the past year, I know he feels better working for his "real" job.

And, even though I miss my husband, I'm thankful that he's been away. It has made me realize how much he does help me with the kids. It's made me realize how much I love him and take him for granted. I need to tell him that more. I'm also thankful that I've had so much "me" time after the kids go to bed, that I am almost actually done with organizing the front closet. Next week I will work on the basement!

I am thankful today that my chiropractor was able to get me in at 9am, as soon as they opened. I'm even more thankful that my supervisor at work is lenient and never questioned me leaving for an hour to go to the chiropractor. I apparently hurt my neck while sleeping last night and was in so much pain by the time I got to work. I am feeling a little better.

I'm even more thankful that Melissa gave me a Tylenol 3 to help with the soreness; maybe that's why I feel so much better. And, I'm thankful that I got that prescription filled back in February for my own Tylenol 3 and that it's still almost full...I will be sleeping well tonight; especially with my husband (and Mason) next to me.

Finally, I am truly thankful for my family and our health. I keep reading horror stories about people getting sick, including babies and/or kids. I pray everynight, yes, I said I pray, that God will keep us healthy and safe; I don't think I would survive if I lost one of my kids. Losing a baby while pregnant is one thing, but to know a child and raise that child; it would kill me to lose them when they were older and you've really grown attached.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

http://stacey-dellfamily.blogspot.com/ said...

I'm thankful that you're my friend & listen when my family is being crappy!! :)
Happy I could help w/the drugs!

Anonymous said...

those are wonderful things to be thankful for. sounds like ur pretty blessed;)