Thursday, May 7, 2009

MIA

Let me first start out by saying that I do NOT know how a single parent takes care of their children alone. I have basically been a single parent this week and I am just exhausted.

You see, my (wonderful) husband is actually working on 3 jobs right now. Yes, when it rains, it pours (but the draughts always last longer). One of the jobs he's doing is up past Detroit (by my sister - Hi Cassie!), and the other two are in our area. Two of these jobs have to be done by Monday, and when I say by Monday, I mean, he can't work on them on Monday, which means, he will be working all weekend. Boo-hoo, Sunday is Mother's Day... Anyhow, needless to say, he is gone all day and evening. He leaves when I do in the morning and stops back by to eat something quickly for dinner on his way to the next job, then he's off again and I don't see him until (he wakes me up from the couch) he gets home.

It's been a rough week, and a busy one. Tap on Monday, Soccer on Tuesday, Wednesday we had to go to Babies R Us (25 minutes, one way) to get a shower gift for my sister-in-law's shower, and soccer tonight, unless it rains. On top of that, I have to feed and bathe my children, plus read books to them and get everyone into bed at a decent hour. Phew! Needless to say, we've had McDonald's on Monday, hot dogs on Tuesday and Spaghetti last night (I don't like to cook; daddy is our chef) and tonight, well, I'm thinking we'll just have leftover night. We have all the fixin's for tacos and of course, the spaghetti...or grilled cheese sandwiches..that's easy! Anyhow, if any of you are single parents; kudos to you.

So, that's why I've been MIA all week...or at least, that's how it feels. Tomorrow night, we have no plans, so I'm hoping to be able to catch up on sitting on the couch..ha! The kids have been great, though. And, the good news is that when the two jobs are finished; David will be left with only one, so things should get back to normal and maybe I can get back to cleaning my house again, or not.

In the meantime, I FINALLY got my pictures from my old computer. (my Gateway died in February, the week before Mason was born) Our friend was able to save my stuff from my hard drive..mainly my picture collection of 3,000+ pictures (that may be an exaggeration) since the time of Allison's birth until this year. Note to self "Make back-ups more often...or store online". Luckily, this time, we were able to save our stuff. So, my point of this? Well, it's simple....I can now pull pictures from when Allison and Preston were young and compare them to Mason. Let me tell you, it's freaky how much alike they all look, actually. I was going through some of the photos last night and I didn't realize how much Preston looked like Allison. I kept thinking that Mason looked like Allison, but in reality, they all look alike. IF I were to hand 3 pictures to David, there are some that I do not think he'd be able to tell who was who. Anyhow, I will work on that this weekend, when I'm home alone with the kids and they are busy/pre-occupied/sleeping/drugged, etc. ha! That leads me my question; does anyone know how to make a collage of pictures on Blogger? I've seen other people do it, and I would like to put them side by side so that you can get the true meaning of what I'm telling you. Let me know if you know how to do that.

In other news:

My hose for my air-conditioning on the van is in; it will be replaced tomorrow during the day. Oh, and Mason has been exclusively sleeping in his bassinet for the past 3 weeks! That was such an easy transition and I didn't have any problem with breaking him of sleeping with me. Well, that's not entirely true, the biggest problem was that I miss him horribly! And, sometimes, on the weekends, I still bring him into bed with me early in the morning so we can both get another hour of sleep. But, he has not had any problems. Have I mentioned that he's such a great baby?! As I said earlier this week, we've had some sitter issues lately, so the boys have been bounced around a lot this week. But, they are both so easy going that neither one of them has been too affected by this. Oh, and everyone who watches them can't believe what a good baby Mason is...have I mentioned that I am completely in love with this little guy and he's just amazing?! I have to thank God for that; He is taking it easy on me since this is my third child. HA!

Other than ALL that...nothing new to report. :)

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi Michele! :) Sorry it took awhile, I keep forgetting to save your link! But be happy, it's on my laptop & work computer! Love all the pics! Say hi to the babes for me! Love ya!