Friday, May 8, 2009

Some of This and That

The other day (like two weeks ago), I was reading Monica's blog, which I frequently read, and Monica said a lot of things that I thought were really good and brought up some good ideas.

So, I'm stealing at least one, for today anyhow...

I have Sitemeter so I know how many people are reading, when they're reading, how they get here, how long they stay, and the locale from which they're logging in. I've noticed lately that there are a lot of people stopping by, but not saying hi. I know you're out there. Please say hi, in "person." I'd love to get to know my readers -- "you don't have to send a DNA sample or anything".... I'd just like to get to know you, and maybe why you're reading.

Oh, and I was thinking of doing some sort of weekly blog...like a Friday recipe exchange or something. I need to do some research and figure out how to make a button and how to post "Mister. Linky", and once I get that going thought it'd be fun to exchange and share recipes. I'm always looking for something quick and easy and different. Anyone interested??

One update...I think we may have found a permanent babysitter. The best news? She only lives one street over and a half a block down....can you believe it? She's been there the whole time! She's the neice of one of the PTO members who has two small children herself, one who will be in kindergarten with Preston next year. It pays to send out a desperate mass email once in awhile! Ha! Anyhow, we've been exchanging emails and have agreed to a rate for all three kids for the summer. She will also be able to keep Mason in the fall when the two older kids go back to school. We are going to be setting up a time to meet each other. Pray that it goes well and we will like each other. I'll update you when we do finally make a decision.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Michele

2 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

That's SO great about the sitter. I hope it all falls into place beautifully!

http://stacey-dellfamily.blogspot.com/ said...

I like the recipe idea!!!