Thursday, May 14, 2009

Where has this week gone?

Ok, well, wow...it's Thursday and I haven't posted in almost a week! I have no idea where my time goes anymore...you'd think I have 3 kids or something!

David did work all weekend, just like he said he was going to. I invited my mother to dinner for Mother's Day. Even though we don't have a lot in common and she usually drives me through the roof, I knew I didn't want to spend all day on Mother's Day by myself. So, I called and invited her to dinner. She, of course, was thrilled. I made her lasagna, per her request, and a strawberry/banana trifle which was yummy. My sister and brother also came over and we actually had a nice day. My mom didn't annoy me really at all, which is probably the first time in a really long time. Maybe I just didn't let her bother me because I just don't have the time or the energy to be annoyed. Ha! She brought the kids each an outfit and bought me two hanging baskets for my light post out front. She buys me these every single year; I think she's obsessed with my light post. haha! The kids just love her and had a great day spending time with her and Cassie, and Eli, my brother.

Monday was back to work, David finished the job in Michigan (nope, didn't get it done on Mother's Day) but did finish on Monday. He worked all day long again, and so did I. Then, Allison had tap on Monday evening. Only 3 more classes before the recital; crunch time! I cannot wait to see if Allison actually does the dance on stage in front of 1,000 people. At least her costume is cute.

Tuesday night I had our last PTO meeting for the year...not much to report there, just that there are only 12 1/2 school days left and I cannot wait for school to be done. This year has taken a lot out of me...of course, that could be due to the fact that I had a baby in the middle of it. I just cannot keep up with all school functions, papers, requests, etc. Not to mention, that the school nickel and dimes us to death. If I counted up all the checks I've written to the school this year I may be surprised to learn I could actually send Allison to college someday...ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it is extensive and I'm always sending in money for something, hot lunches, milk, hot dogs, bake sales, jean jog passes, field trips, Scholastic Books, classroom donations, etc. I can't wait for the summer when I won't have to do that.

Last night, Allison and I had to finish a project for school. She had to create a land. Come up with a name, make different areas on the land (rivers, villages, cities, caves, forests, etc) and use 8 of those elements. I got her a poster board and we cut it in half to create "Girl Land". She had "Diamond Caves", "Pink Lemonade River", "Princess Village", "Cotton Candy Fields", just to name a few. I had printed out pictures of all sorts of things and she cut and glued them to the poster board, then we had to label everything and we sprinkled glitter all over the board so that the land was covered with "glittery grass". She then had to write a story about the land and describe what sorts of things the residents' of the land did and who lived there, etc. That took most of our night. Good thing we started it a few days ago, but didn't do most of it until last night. Thank goodness that's over. Oh, and a quick, funny, story. Last night we had thunderstorms roll through the area. Even though I had our windows open in our bedroom, I slept through everything; I was exhausted. Preston, however, did not sleep through it..(Yes, I said Preston, not Mason). I felt this tap on my ankle, and I woke up and said "What?", feeling for the hand so I could tell who it was. It was Preston...he says "There are bomb noises in my bedroom and I'm scared". I said "it's thunder, now go to bed". I did end up getting up, walking him back to bed and tucking him back in. I kissed him and said good night, reminded him it was just thunder and that there wasn't anything to be scared of, then I staggered my way back into my room and was out like a light again. It was just too funny...I think someone may be watching too much t.v....bomb noises? Really?

Tonight we are meeting with our prospective new baby-sitter. I cannot wait, but I'm also surprisingly nervous. I haven't had to interview a sitter in over 5 years, and even then it was someone I sort of knew already....tonight should be interesting. Her name is Amie, and as I've mentioned before, she lives right around the corner from us. She has two daughters of her own, a 5 year old and a 2 year old. We've been communicating through emails for almost a week now, and so far, so good. I'm hoping everything falls into place and our kids get along. That will be one less thing for me to worry about.

Now, I only need to keep my husband working so that we actually need her services. He finished 2 jobs this week and is working for his cousin, but, the drywall hangers are moving slow, so if they don't hang new drywall, then there's not a lot David can do. So, he'll be going there in the evenings instead of having to pay a sitter. However, my older brother is remodeling his bathroom, and has asked David to do the drywall. So, David started gutting that today. That at least will keep him busy for about a week. Hopefully, something else will come up for the next week.

Tomorrow is Friday, yay...however, we (3 of my sisters-in-law and myself) are throwing my other sister-in-law a baby shower on Saturday. So, tomorrow night, I need to go get my contributions for the food, drinks and door-prizes so that I will be ready and not rushed on Saturday. The shower is at noon till 3pm, then, Allison has a birthday party for her school-friend, Tessa, at 3pm at a bowling alley. The plan is for me to take Allison and Mason to the shower because Preston wants his friend Zach to come over and play. So, it will be easier for David if he only has Preston and his friend, plus, like I wouldn't take Mason to the shower to show him off! Then, David will pick Allison up from the shower, while I'm cleaning up and take her and Preston and Zach to the bowling alley and let Preston and Zach play a game of bowling (away from the girls and the birthday party) and I will meet them there once we are done cleaning up from the shower. Saturday is going to be a long rough day, hopefully Mason will continue to be his easy-going laid back self so that the day goes as smooth as possible.

Sunday, I have another baby shower for one of the moms from PTO. She was the president of PTO last year and the vice-president this year. I'm not sure why I got an invitation; we talk a lot through emails, but I'm not the most social person at school...I do work full-time where as most of the other moms don't work at all or only work part-time. All of the other moms are very involved with all the school functions and are always around each other. I guess it's nice that they invited me, obviously, they do like me when I'm around...I just feel like I don't fit in completely. They all have older kids and have been together for awhile, whereas I'm newer. But, again, it was nice to get an invite. But, none of them got me a gift when I had Mason...not that I'm trying to be greedy, but I feel like maybe they just invited me to get another gift...I don't know. So, the jury is out as to whether or not I'm going to that shower yet.

I think I've updated on almost everything. I still have lots of other blogs in the works, with pictures and recipes...just been busy, obviously.

Until next time (hopefully sooner than a week!).


0 comments: