Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mom Survey - Random Thoughts!

Does it make me a bad mom because I've never been away from my children overnight (except when I was in the hospital having another baby)?

My brother-in-law and his wife left their 11 year old while they went to Florida. Yes, I understand he's 11, and he's joining them half way through, but they leave him a lot, for long periods of time, with different people while they go on vacation, or out of town for work or a couples retreat with their church, etc. I panic every time I think of being away from my kids. I know there is going to come some point where I have to let them go and spend the night away, but NOT until they ask will I ever consider it. So, am I just being over-protective and psychotic? I mean, really, no one is ever going to take care of my kids, or keep an eye on them like I do, and what if something happens to them while they are gone? I would never forgive myself or anyone else; I don't even want to think about it.

Ok, so I need to know...how old was your child the first time they spent the night away? I need some reassurance here, ladies!

2 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

Overnight with my inlaws at 6 weeks; 4 days split between my parents and inlaws when he was a week shy of 4 months. I guess I'm one of those "other" moms. ;)

Anonymous said...

Libby has spent the night at my mom's twice now.