Friday, July 24, 2009

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Wedding Dress

Kelly at Kelly's Korner has been doing a "Show Us Your Home" every Friday, in which she features another room of her house each week.

I wasn't so keen on that idea since some of the houses are amazing and mine, well, let's just say, it's a "normal" house for where we live. Anyhow, she's finally doing something fun that I wanted to join in on.

Now, Kelly is doing a "Show Us Your Life" weekly blog and each week is featuring a new theme. This week is...Wedding dresses. Yay!

Of course I wanted to join in this one...I've already scanned in a bunch of photos for my anniversary post. So, how easy is that?!

I had always dreamed of my perfect wedding dress, even when I was just a little girl. I knew it was going to be a traditional dress. I knew I wanted a long train and lots of beading. I even knew I always wanted a bow on my butt.

I actually picked out my dress in a catalog, by just looking at the picture. When it finally came in and I tried it on for the first time it not only met my expectations but exceeded my dreams. It was a cathedral-length train and had everything I always wanted; it was very detailed. I wish I could find a decent picture of the back of it, because it had so much detail; there was a heart-shaped opening on my back with beads hanging down.

It was truly a traditional dress, even our minister commented that it was one of the prettiest and traditional dresses he'd seen in a long time. They sure don't make them like they used to.

On April 22, 2000 I married my soul mate.

My dad walking me down the aisle.
David and I, husband and wife.
My dream dress.

My dream dress with my dream man...at a park.

David and I being goofy and relaxed in the limo.


I hope you join in the fun; I would love to see photos of my followers' dresses; I love wedding dresses...next week is "Show Us Your Wedding Party and Flowers".

3 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

Aw! I've, obviously, seen your dress before, but I really do love it. I went the complete opposite way with my dress -- no beading, lace, whatever -- but I still think those type of dresses are beautiful.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Your dress was beeautiful. I enjoyed my visit to your blog...Hope you will visit me...I have a fun post up today with two giveaways on Monday.

Claire said...

What cute photos!

Cxx