Monday, July 6, 2009

Swimming

Did I tell you that my kids were going to take Swimming lessons this summer? Well, neither were very happy about the idea; they are both a little afraid of the water, and I'm not sure why.

Allison doesn't like to get her face wet and Preston was almost swimming last year when we used to go to the YMCA regularly. But, I did this for them; at their ages, they really should know how to swim. I don't want to be a frantic mess anytime we are around water. I remember taking swim lessons around the time I as 5 or 6; they just really need to do this.

Either way, both of them actually are enjoying their classes so far. They are taking separate classes (I thought that was best) on Saturday mornings at the YMCA. They have both had 2 lessons so far.

They are definitely more excited about it now that they:
A)know they can touch when in the water and
B) know that no one is going to let them drown.

Here are some photos of the first two lessons:





Of course, I had to throw a couple of Mason in...since he's not yet old enough for swim lessons:







This week, we told the kids if they tried their best during swim lessons, we would let them climb the rock wall at the YMCA after class. Big, bad Preston was "going to climb all the way to the top" until he got half-way up, got scared and quit...





I told Preston and David that Allison was going to climb right up to the top...David said "No Way". He thought she'd get scared and quit, too...let's see who was right, shall we?


There are just some things that Allison does way better than Preston, and vice-versa. She's afraid of water, but not of heights. She's not afraid of bugs, like Preston...but mama knows her girl! I was so proud!

You would think that David would be a little happier being with his family on the weekend...wouldn't you?


Sometimes, Mason just gets sick of his older siblings, too....



"What's the matter, baby boy?" My little mother hen.....

Until next time....

1 comments:

Alicia said...

I really need to get Kaylyn in swimming lessons...she loves the water, thats what scares me.

The pics are great! And that's a really good one of you and Mason!