Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chipping at the wall.

I am feeling better this evening...since my last post. I guess because I took Mason to the pediatrician this afternoon and heard exactly what I wanted to hear. Oh, and turns out, I'm not the only one having a tough time...there are lots of people who are having similar issues and are supportive..thanks!


I'll update on Mason's appointment first, since that was the highlight of my day...he now weighs (drum roll) 13 pounds and 11 1/2 ounces...for those of you keeping track, that's 5 pounds and 1 1/2 ounces more than when he was born! Oh, and he is now 23 1/4 inches long. So, over all, he's just over the 50th percentile for height and 90th for weight; going to be a big boy. Today we got to see one of the certified nurse practitioners or C.N.P. who I really, really like. I've seen her many time with Allison and Preston and was happy to get to see her again. She asked me if he was taking any medication...yes, in fact, in a round about way...I told my story about the Zantac and how I was taking it because I didn't want Mason to have to have an upper GI scan. Carrie, (the C.N.P.) was shocked...she looked at me like I was crazy, but because she couldn't believe that the last C.N.P. suggested a scan for Mason who was so little. She said that she would never recommend a scan for any kid, instead, she would suggest medication for awhile to see if that would help. Well, imagine that...I was RIGHT...I followed my mom instincts and was right on. I was so relieved to hear Carrie say she'd give me a prescription for Mason so that he can take the Zantac directly...so if and when I stop nursing, he will still get the medication. Yay me! We talked about it for a few minutes, and she told me the other C.N.P. was no longer with the practice, not that she was bad, but just not there anymore. Ok, so she did suggest I stop taking the Zantac, and before giving Mason his directly, wait a few days to see if he still had the symptoms of reflux. Not sure about this suggestion yet...I've only been taking it a few weeks...so I'm definitely going to finish out my prescription and get his filled...before I decide how to proceed. Other than that, my baby is healthy and right on track. Finally, they have combined 3 immunizations into one and he got one orally, so only two pokes this time...yay. Next appointment in two months.

In other news:

The dealership called; they had to order a new hose for my air-conditioning on my van. Unfortunately, this hose is back-ordered and it could be up to two weeks before it comes in. In the meantime, I'm driving my van once again, and praying that the weather doesn't get too hot.

My husband still hasn't found anyone to watch the boys tomorrow afternoon. He is thinking of calling my sister-in-law who is 32 weeks pregnant and supposedly on bed rest because of her blood pressure (she's a pathological liar), but the job he'll be working on is right around the corner from her house and it would only be for a couple of hours...so I'm ok with that...I approved his choice.

David and I did talk for a few minutes tonight; I got a few things off my chest, but not all of it; I'll save it for another day.

Oh, and we skipped soccer tonight...it was only 52 degrees outside and damp from all the rain this morning. I was really surprised they didn't cancel the game..but I just didn't feel like sitting outside in the cold, especially with a baby. Allison and Preston didn't know and I have been able to sit and relax tonight.
Well, I'll leave you with a few pictures...guess who smiles on request now a days??


David..on the phone again...in the jersey for the new Toledo ECHL hockey team (The Toledo Walleye) which I won in a drawing and gave him for our anniversary.

1 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

Glad today was better. And completely off topic, but I think the whole Walleye thing is growing on me. In fact, I think I'll be getting Itty Bit a onesie or jersey or something when we're home this summer.