Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Easter Bunny

Ok moms out there..I want to hear from you.

So, Easter is quickly approaching on Sunday. I haven't gotten the kids anything yet. I was thinking of not doing much candy this year. One, they don't need it; two, we still have candy from Halloween and Valentines Day and three, I'd rather be original.

Last year I bought pre-packaged baskets and the kids were happy with that. Some of them are pricey though, and some of the things in the baskets are cheap or not age appropriate, etc.

So I want to do my own. I need ideas. I'm thinking of getting Allison and Preston each either a movie or Nintendo DS game as their big item. Then filling it with sunglasses, sidewalk chalk and other things. I need help with the "other things". Mason will get baby sunglasses and socks, not sure what else, but he's only 7 weeks old (today by the way) so he's not going to know or care what he got in his basket. I will get each of the kids a hollow chocolate bunny and maybe a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg, but not sure what else to fill the baskets with. I had ordered Easter reading books from the kids' school through Scholastic books, but they did not come in, so bummer!

We usually hide plastic eggs for them to find and fill the eggs with change and candy like jelly beans or M&M's, etc.

I'm looking for some help, here...so share your ideas and/or traditions. Thanks!

Until later.

Michele


P.S. Thought I'd share a couple of photos to make you smile...they make me so happy!

Look at those chins!

He looks so much smaller when he's not all bundled up in clothing!




1 comments:

Alicia said...

Aww, he it too cute!

I am doing my own basket too for my daughter. We dont do a lot of candy since she doesnt eat it. WE will be doing pretty much the same as you a dvd, barbie (or doll)with sidewalk chalk, bubbles & bubble bath, not sure what else. However, I went into Dollar Tree the other day and saw some cute things for Easter (cant tell you what they were now, but I will be going back to see what I can find). Good Luck!