Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rainy Day Rantings

Ok, so maybe not rantings...but I liked that title. I'm going to bounce around on thoughts here.

Yes, it's raining today, again. I'm tired of the rain. I think mostly because I'm scared that my basement is going to flood again. We did have a flood guard put in after our major flood last month; hopefully it will work, but I'm afraid to get enough rain to test it out, just in case.

My boys did very well yesterday at my sister-in-law's house. They were both well behaved and Preston had lots of fun playing with the dogs and watching Harry Potter movies; which I did not know he was interested in. My SIL had such a good time watching them, that David told her we might consider paying her for the next few weeks to watch them. She got laid off from her job a few months ago, as her husband is also laid off...so, he's working with my other Bro-in-law when he can, so I'm sure they would both welcome the extra income. But, like I said before, her blood pressure has been high and she is being induced on June 4th; so that would be temporary.

Today, they are at Barb's house. She's a very old friend of my husband's family and is a grandmother. She watches my nephew after school and has watched him since he was a baby. She also watches Allison and Preston sometimes on snow days and back-up days. I called her to check in a bit ago, and both boys are also doing very well there. Mason was sleeping and Preston had just sat down to watch cartoons.

Thank goodness my kids are so laid back and easily bounced around, especially my ten week-old baby....wow, 10 weeks already.

Today has been a weird day; I got stuck behind every slow-moving vehicle there was on my way to work this morning. I got stuck for a bridge going to pick something up for lunch, where in turn I left my debit card and had to go back...only to find the bridge was up again on my way back. I was destined not to get anywhere on time today.

And, another thought in my mind...how long is it ok for me to leave a laundry basket (full of hubby's work clothes) on the floor before I go crazy and ask him to put away his clothes? Anyone?? I could use a little help here.

I'd like to hire someone to come give my house a good spring cleaning...maybe I could keep up if someone could get me started?? Is that crazy or lazy to pay someone else to clean my house? Heck, I'd probably clean the house before they came to clean it so they didn't find out how we really live...how am I supposed to keep up with all the housework? I'm usually in bed, er, sleeping by 9:00pm...

And, who watches American Idol? I was bummed that Matt got sent home. Not only did I really like him, I thought he did great Tuesday night. I voted several times for him and Kris, my favorite, and they were both in the bottom three. And, this was the first time this season I've gotten through to vote, go figure.

Well, that's all I've got for now...I'm about brain dead for the day and getting ready to go home from work soon...need to focus on finding my desk.

Until next time.

Michele

1 comments:

Alicia said...

If I could afford someone I would pay to have my house clean. I really dont have the time...I know that sounds crazy but I really dont. and on the weekends all I want to do it relax!