Monday, April 13, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Ok, so no, we're not going on a jet plane, but since we are going on our first vacation in 3 1/2 years, I have that song in my head, even if it is a mini-vacation!

Yes, we are going on a mini-vacation to Kalahari Water park in Sandusky, Ohio. We are leaving Tuesday morning and will be staying two nights, returning home Thursday early afternoon. I'm very excited but I'm more excited for the kids.

We decided to take most of the rest of our insurance money from our flooded basement and actually do something for spring break and since I already had the week off from work, it is the only opportunity we will have for any sort of vacation this year.

We booked a "Lodge" room. It has a living room with a queen sleeper-sofa, a full kitchen (with all cooking/eating utensils) a dining area and a separate bedroom with a king bed and a door! The older kids will sleep in the living room on the sleeper sofa and have their own t.v., Mason will sleep in his pack-n-play in the bedroom with David and I. OR, if he cries, there is plenty of room in that king-sized bed for all three of us! Since we only have a queen bed at home, a king bed is like having twice the room (plus, no dogs hogging the foot of the bed!).

I've never been to any of the indoor water parks, but hear that Kalahari is the best. There is tons to do, they have the biggest indoor water park, a mini golf course, a pottery, an arcade and a tree-top kids play area. There are 4 restaurants to choose from. Plus, there's a spa and a workout room, which I most certainly will not be seeing. HA! So, once we get sick and tired of being wet, we have plenty of other things to keep us busy and entertained. The package we booked also gives us a free in-room movie and a pizza party or something like that.

Stay tuned; I will have lots of pictures to post.

In other news: Preston has his meeting today with the counselor at Harbor. I have to take all three kids since David is working today. I don't even want to take Preston since his issues were at school and he's not going to school, but feel that I have to so that I can prove my point to the school.

Mason's stomach issues seem to be getting better. An old classmate told me how horrible it was watching her infant go through the upper GI scan. She recommended I avoid doing it if I could. So, we have decided to continue doing what we're doing and hope for the best unless things get worse. If I didn't tell you, I am taking Zantac myself, so that it passes to Mason through breast milk. When Preston was an infant and had acid reflux, the doctor put him on Zantac and about a week and a half later, we saw a huge difference. So, I knew it would take that long, if not longer for us to see a difference in Mason. He's much less cranky and less gassy. As a matter of fact, I don't remember the last time we gave him gas drops, which we used to give him at almost every feeding. He throws up a lot less, too. When he does, he still cries, but it's less often, so that's good. Plus, I am not drinking caffeine anymore and barely eating chocolate and we try to keep him inclined after eating. With all of these things, he's doing much better.

We celebrated Easter with David's family on Saturday at his brother Jay's house. It was great; I didn't have to do anything and got to pig out on very yummy food. Plus, there were so many people that wanted to hold Mason, that I actually got to eat hot food with everyone else and was able to actually feel somewhat normal, not having a baby in my arms constantly.

Sunday, we drove up to Rochester Hills, Michigan to have dinner with my mom and sister. We went to a dinner buffet that was overly priced and came home right afterwards since Allison was not feeling well. She's so weird, every time we're going somewhere new that she's nervous about, she gets sick. Yesterday, her upper thigh was hurting her and she could barely walk. I'm not sure how much of that was true, as she's been fine since we got home. She was very warm and her cheeks were bright red, but once I got her a cool drink and talked her into eating some of her dinner, she felt better, still couldn't walk, but felt better. Once we got home, she was almost back to normal. She has been sleeping less since she's been on spring break, but she slept for a super long time last night, and woke up today back to her old self, so again, I think it was just the situation. My aunt and 5 cousins and 3 second cousins were also at the restaurant, so there were lots of new people, and Allison isn't always open to new people.

So, here are a few pictures of Easter morning. I forgot my camera when we went to Michigan, but will steal some of the pictures from my sister's Myspace page to post later.


If I don't post again before we leave, have a great week and I will post pictures later in the week from Kalahari.

Until then.

Michele

1 comments:

http://stacey-dellfamily.blogspot.com/ said...

Ha! Cadence got Bolt too!!
Have lots of fun!!!