Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

I have a lot to be thankful for in my life...here are just a few of the things I'm most thankful for today:

I am thankful that today is Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday and I will be home with my kids for two days!

I am thankful for the beautiful spring weather we are FINALLY getting. Now, we can do something outside, finally.

I am thankful for the kids' soccer games tonight; I actually feel like going, probably because of said weather above.

I am thankful for three healthy children. I know I say this every week, but every week I am more grateful for their health.

I am thankful that Mason is starting to sleep in his bassinet almost exclusively at night and less and less with us in bed. This morning, however, I did bring him in bed to lay with me for the last 15 minutes before my alarm went off, just because I missed him being next to me.

I am thankful for 9 years of marriage and very thankful that this marriage is still going strong.

I am thankful that David's eye appointment went well and the reason he is having headaches and can't see well is not because of his diabetes or that he has a brain tumor (he's so dramatic), but because his prescription is not strong enough and with his new lenses, things will be better for him. I suppose he should have worn his glasses more often, like he was supposed to.

I am thankful for our vision insurance so that we are able to get new glasses/contacts/lenses and it doesn't cost us a fortune. Even if he has to wait two weeks for his lenses; which is just ridiculous!

I am thankful that my body is still producing enough breast milk for Mason and that at 2 months, he is still strictly on breast milk and I have not had to supplement with formula yet.

I am thankful that David's cousin needs some drywall work done and is paying him to do the work. This should keep him busy for a couple of days anyhow.

I am thankful for my job; even though I truly just want to be home with my baby and kids, I am still thankful that in this current economic crisis, I still have a steady income at a thriving agency.

And, finally, I am thankful for all my loyal readers; I know you don't leave comments, but hope you enjoy keeping up with me and my dramatic life...ha!

What are you thankful for today?

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Aw that was sweet!